Welcome to the “Best Of” Lynchburg Readers’ Choice Awards!
Voting in the “Best Of” Lynchburg Awards is a great way to support the places you frequent and the community individuals you love. In order to find out who is the best, we completely rely on you—our readers. So, vote away and spread the word!
The top vote recipients throughout the entire contest will be published as “Best Of” winners in the Jan/Feb 2021 issue of Lynchburg Living.
How the Process Works:
A Few Guidelines:
- As you scroll through the pre-populated ballot, you can add a nominee that is not listed. Click the green “Nominate” button at the top of the contest page. You will then be able to add your nominee and using the dropdown menu choose the categories that you would like to see that business appear in.
- Your nomination will appear on the ballot within 48 hours to reflect the “write-in” nomination. Please keep in mind that we receive thousands of write-ins daily and that write-ins will not immediately appear on the ballot.
- For nominating businesses, please use the Business Nomination Form, for nominating in People in Business – please use the People in Business Nomination form- this category is for individuals that stand out in their field. You may only nominate a business in 6 categories. There will be an option to change your nomination, but once voting starts, no changes may be made.
- You MUST submit your name and e-mail address with entry to validate your ballot.
- Nominees MUST be in the Correct Category in order to be counted.
- This year nominations do not count as votes.
- Each business can be nominated in a maximum of 6 categories that are approved by the editorial staff to determine legitimacy.
- Once the nomination period ends on August 10, 2020, nominations are double-checked for fraudulent voting or obvious abuse (those are then removed).
- Vote for as many or as few categories as you would like, Each voter is allowed one vote per category for the duration of the contest.
- All nominated businesses will go through to the final round.
- The finalist round for voting runs from August 12, 2020, at 4 pm through September 9, 2020.
- Our contest winners will be those receiving the most votes overall.
While businesses are encouraged to promote themselves through all legitimate marketing channels, in an effort to maintain the integrity of the Best Of voting process:
- Any nominated business found to have used a third-party service to unfairly influence their Best Of vote count will be immediately disqualified (please be aware of potential scammers who may solicit your business for this purpose).
- Any nominated businesses offering discounts, gift certificates, or other monetary rewards to customers in exchange for Best Of votes will be immediately disqualified.
***If you have trouble reaching the contest, clear your browser history and try again.***
If you have any questions, please contact Web Marketing and Promotions Manager, Kathryn Kelly – email@example.com.