Recipes & Photos Courtesy of Laura Miner, Cook at Home Mom
Nothing says summer like making dishes with fresh, local ingredients. Kick off the season with summer-inspired recipes by food blogger Laura Miner. Find Laura’s kitchen tour on page 65 and find more of her delicious, healthy recipes at cookathomemom.com.
Beetroot & Feta Salad (photo above)
This delicious and easy beetroot and feta salad is tossed with walnuts, dates, and fresh herbs, then drizzled in a simple vinaigrette—the perfect side or appetizer.
Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
2 cups diced cooked beets (About 3-4 medium beets)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4 pitted dates diced
2 Tablespoons minced fresh mint
2 Tablespoons minced fresh dill
2 Tablespoons vinegar use white balsamic, regular balsamic, or red wine vinegar.
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1. Prep the ingredients. Dice the beets, mince the herbs, and chop the walnuts and dates into small pieces.
2. Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Toss with the oil and vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Because the feta cheese is fairly salty, you may not need much extra salt. And that’s it!
3. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat it.
To read this recipe in full: https://cookathomemom.com/beetroot-and-feta-salad/
Stone Fruit Caprese Grilled Chicken
This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. It’s a lovely gluten free dinner for summertime!
Servings: 6 servings
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Balsamic Chicken Breasts
1.5 lb chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 small bunch fresh basil
4 ounces prosciutto
4 ounces mozzarella cheese (either buy mozzarella pearls or slice into bite sized pieces)
2 Tablespoons balsamic reduction or use balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Chicken
1. Preheat your grill to medium, about 375F. Trim the chicken breasts and gently pound them to a uniform thickness.
2. Whisk the oil and vinegar together and drizzle over the chicken breasts in a rimmed dish. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and cover. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
3. Brush the grill with a little oil and lay the chicken breasts with space between them on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes, turn, and cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Do the Prep Work
1. Meanwhile, wash and dice the apriums. Slice the basil. Get the prosciutto, balsamic reduction and mozzarella cheese out of the fridge.
Assemble & Serve
1. Arrange the cooked chicken breasts on a large platter and top with the diced apriums, mozzarella pearls, slices of prosciutto, and fresh basil. Drizzle the balsamic reduction and season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
To read this recipe in full: https://cookathomemom.com/stone-fruit-caprese-grilled-chicken/
Prosciutto Wrapped Melon & Gluten Free Snack Board
An healthy and delicious crowd-pleasing appetizer for your
next party or get together!
Servings: 8 people
Total Time: 10 minutes
6 ounces prosciutto
1 small bunch basil
1 cup pistachios
8 ounces gluten free crackers
4 ounces goat cheese
6 ounces gouda or cheddar cheese
Make the Prosciutto Wrapped Melon
1. Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Slice into 1-2 inch segments and cut away the skin.
2. Lay a slice of prosciutto on a cutting board. Sprinkle a few basil leaves on top of the prosciutto, then set the melon segment on top.
3. Wrap the prosciutto around the melon a few times. Repeat until all are wrapped. Sprinkle fresh black pepper on top.
Assemble the Snack Board
1. Slice the cheese and arrange with the prosciutto wrapped melon and nuts on a board. Garnish with a few extra basil leaves.
To read this recipe in full: https://cookathomemom.com/prosciutto-wrapped-melon/
Instant Pot Santa Maria Pork Lettuce Wraps
A delicious and simple meal filled with bright, delicious flavors!
Servings: 4 people
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Equipment: Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot
1 pork shoulder roast
1 head bibb or butter lettuce
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
2 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced or shredded
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook the Pork Roast
1. Add the pork roast and 1 cup of water or broth to your Instant Pot. Cover and turn to High Pressure (or Meat/Stew) and set to cook for 55 minutes. Alternately, to cook the pork directly from frozen, set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 75 minutes.
2. Once the pork is cooked, allow for a Natural Pressure Release (simply wait for the pressure to release, which takes about 15 minutes). Open the lid and remove the roast. Use two forks to shred the pork into bite sized pieces. Spoon a bit of the liquid over the shredded pork.
Make the Pickled Cabbage
1. While the pork is cooking, make the pickled cabbage. Thinly slice the cabbage. Set it in a bowl or mason jar.
2. Bring the apple cider, garlic, lime juice and seasonings to a simmer. Pour the mixture over the cabbage and stir it to coat. Set it on
the counter and allow it to come to room temperature.
Prep the Ingredients
1. Mince the cilantro and slice the limes. Wash the lettuce leaves. Wait until just before serving to dice the avocado to prevent it
Assemble and Serve
1. Serve the pork, pickled cabbage, avocado, and cilantro, with slices of lime, and assemble in individual lettuce cups.
To read this recipe in full: https://cookathomemom.com/instant-pot-santa-maria-pork-lettuce-wraps/